Everyone knows that weddings can be expensive, and catering costs are no small part. While planning your big day, you’ve probably scoured the internet looking for tips and tricks on how to save money on catering costs at your wedding. Luckily, Courtney Smith, owner of Chesapeake Bartenders, sat down with GOBankingRates to discuss 10 of the best kept secrets on how to trim bar costs for your big day.
- Call the liquor store ahead of time and ask about sale items.
- Opt for rail liquor instead of name brand.
- Purchase cans of beer instead of glass bottles.
- Choose boxed wine, as it will be served in glasses anyway.
- Sangria is not only one of the more aesthetically pleasing cocktails, it’s also budget-friendly.
- Purchase two liter bottles for mixers and cocktails.
- Offer mocktails as an alternative to cocktails.
- Select filtered water instead of bottled water.
- Ask the liquor store if you can return any unopened bottles for a refund.
- Skip glassware rentals and go with 20oz plastic cups instead.
Do you want to learn more about how to cut costs on your big day? Read the full article on GoBankingRates‘ website on How To Save on Catering Costs at Your Wedding.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!