How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini
Basic Witches! Your PSL game just got an upgrade. If you start your day with a Pumpkin Spice Latte, then you can end your day with a PSL Tini, AKA the Pumpkin Spice Latte Martini. Not only is this the perfect autumn night cap, but it is a great cocktail to whip up for Halloween parties and gatherings. You can whip it up as a batch to serve at a party, or make it as a single serving.
Tip: This is the Martha Stewart-esque version where you make this baby up from scratch. You even make the pumpkin simple syrup (which can actually be used in your coffee in the morning if you have some leftover). However, if you are pinched for time, we have a Quick PSL Martini Recipe that requires only a few ingredients and can be made in a couple minutes.
Tip: This cocktail can be made dairy-free and vegan. Be sure to use a vegan vanilla vodka and dairy-free alternative to milk (we love Oatly oat milk for the vegan version of this recipe)
Don’t feel like making this recipe? You can order your very own PSL Martini
- Martini Shaker
- Martini Glass
- Vanilla Vodka
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (we get it from Trader Joe’s)
- Pumpkin Puree (if you cannot find this, don’t worry you can substitute pumpkin flavored syrup)
- Brown Sugar (or white if you don’t have brown sugar)
- Vanilla Vodka
- Espresso OR dried/instant espresso (we love Cafe Bustelo instant espresso for this recipe)
- Pumpkin Pie flavored syrup (the kind you would add to a latte) – Monin makes a wonderful syrup
- Milk/cream or a dairy free alternative
Step 1: Making the Pumpkin Simple Syrup:
- You will combine 1/2 a cup of pumpkin puree in a sauce pan on medium heat with 1/2 cup of water, and 1/2 a cup of sugar.
- Stir until sugar and water have dissolved. Remove mixture from heat, transfer to a bowl, cover, and put in fridge.
- Once pumpkin simple syrup is cooled, use a small funnel and transfer it into a bottle or jar
Step 2: Making the Espresso
You have a few options here. You can get espresso shots to go from your local coffee shop, you can use your own espresso machine if you have one. OR you can use instant espresso (my go to for this recipe is Cafe Bustelo instant espresso which can be found in most grocery stores)
- 1 shot of espresso
- If you are using instant espresso, refer to the directions to make one serving.
- Tip: if using Cafe Bustelo, I use 1 teaspoon of instant espresso in 2 oz of hot water
Step 3: Prepare Your Martini Glass
You will need to separate small plates or saucers
- Add 1 oz of water to a small plate or saucer
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar with one tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon or a mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg works too)
- Add sugar/spice mixture to a small plate or sauce
- Dip martini glass edge in water (basically you want to get the rim of the martini glass wet)
- Immediately dip martini glass rim into saucer containing sugar/spice mixture. Spin the rim around in the mixture until the entire rim of the glass is dusted with the “rimming sugar”
Step 3: Making the PSL Martini:
- Fill martini shaker 3/4 with ice
- Add 2.5 – 3 ounces vanilla vodka to shaker (personally I do a slow 4 count when pouring vodka haha)
- Add 1.5 oz of pumpkin simple syrup to shaker
- Add 2.5 oz cream to shaker (or milk or milk substitute – oat milk works great)
- Add 1 oz pumpkin pie syrup to shaker
- Add one shot of espresso to shaker
- Put lid on and shake the shaker!! Shake vigorously for 30 seconds – yes this counts as part of your workout
- Strain into rimmed martini glass
- Sip and enjoy!
Optional: Add whipped cream or large marshmallows to the top of your PSL martini and top with a sprinkle of sugar/spice mix. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if you are feeling extra basic 😉 This recipe can also be enjoyed over ice instead of being shaken and strained.
What do you think of this recipe? If you make it, please leave a comment and let us know if you enjoyed it.