How To Make An Old Fashioned With or Without All The Fancy Ingredients
If you are stuck at home and want something other than a beer or glass of wine, read on! Here’s a classic cocktail recipe that is easier to make than you think. The
You can make an “Almost
Old Fashioned” with these 4 ingredients:
- Maple Syrup or Simple Syrup
- Oranges or Orange Juice
Full list of ingredients for the classic
- Orange, mandarin, clementine or orange juice (lemon can be substituted for oranges)
- Marashino cherries (if you don’t have these, you can use blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc. If they are frozen, just pop them into microwave to thaw them out)
- Sugar + Water OR maple syrup OR agave nectar
- Bitters (not everyone has this at home, but don’t worry if you don’t)
- Spoon or muddler
*If you don’t have all of these ingredients, don’t fret! You can still get close to the classic recipe with a little creativity.
Follow These Simple Steps To Make Your
1. Mix boiling water & a heaping spoonful of sugar. Stir. Don’t have sugar? Maple syrup or agave nectar work well.
2. If you have an orange, peel + put a few slices in the bottom of your glass. If not, add 2 oz. orange juice. No OJ? Substitute fresh lemon. Take a spoon + smash the orange (or lemon) gently to squeeze the juice out. If you have cherries, add 2 & do the same. Don’t have cherries? Substitute any kind of berry. Cherries/berries are not necessary but if you have them, use them – they make this drink yummy.
3. Add 1 TBSP of the sugar water (aka simple syrup) you made to the muddled fruit. If you are subbing maple syrup or agave nectar, add this on top of fruit.
4. Stir and Add ice cubes.
5. Add 2 oz. whiskey/bourbon
6. If you have bitters, add a few drops. If you don’t, don’t worry. It will still be delicious.
7. Stir slightly.
8. Sip, relax and enjoy your homemade
Be sure to read other blog posts with creative drink recipes. Chesapeake Bartenders is proud to be the go-to event bartending company for weddings, events and private parties in Maryland, DC, Virginia and Delaware. For more information, please contact us!